...an odd combination, you say?

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Maundy Thursday

I didn't grow up in a church that talks much about liturgy, tradition, or the history of the church. In fact, I barely know the history of my own home church. But somewhere along the line I became fascinated by the past of the church--the liturgy, the tradition, the history.
This is one of those times of year when I find myself being particularly curious.
Today is the way we celebrate as Maundy Thursday--the day of the Garden of Gesemene, the day of the betrayal, the day of the denial, the day when the created decreed death upon its creator. I've always thought that Easter, Good Friday, Maundy Thursday, and Holy Saturday should hold more emotion for me than they do. But then again, I'm not going to manufacture some semblance of emotion in my heart. Something tells me that they'll come in their own time. Because its not about emotion, its about relationship. Its about relationship to the one who was scurged and beaten and betrayed and denied.
I'm pretty good at starting these things, but the stopping part I feel like needs work. So I'll just let that be that. I think it was Ravi Zaccharias that once said that the more you talk (or write in this case) the closer you are to heresy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan—Aqualith Media said...

Wow... you're getting good at this. I notice you have the blogger bar at the top. Lots of people don't like that on their blog.. mainly cause it can take them away from yours... You should have a setting somewhere in your admin dashboard thing that you can click to have that gone.

10:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home