...an odd combination, you say?

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

"Well...how delightful."


I have a naked mole rat sitting on my desk. I know, a bit scandelous or at the least, a bit disgusting.
It all started with this show called Kim Possible. I've only seen it five or six times but found it duly amusing. Its on Saturday mornings. Imagine Alias, but just in high school. Kim has all the cool spy staff. Most of which her dad (he's a rocket scientist) hooks her up with. And she has friends a normal life (like Sydney used to and I'm sure would like t have back) and one thing Sydney doesn't: a naked mole rat named Rufus that follows her around and often gets Kim and her sidekick Ron out of scrapes.
So for valetine's day, I get this pink thing. It's from my sister Rachel. I recoginize it at Kim's little pal, Rufus. But I still had yet to realize that he's more than a little pink thing, he's a real animal...the naked mole rat: http://www.letus.org/bmatters/animals/mole-rat.html
A good friend pointed out that link to me. And in her words, I leave you..."well...how delightful."

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan—Aqualith Media said...

Kim Possible is one of the better shows on Saturday mornings. There are a lot of really funny jokes in it, and yes Rufus is awesome.

I'm guessing that Disney created Kim Possible because of the success of Alias, ABC being owned by them and all. It only makes sense that a more family friendly show would be a hit, with good enough writing. The only other show on Saturdays that I would deem well written would be TMNT, as it's based more on the original comics and the art style is very slick.

3:14 PM

 
Blogger Daniela said...

Hey! I'm the one who finds naked mole rights...well, delightful! Thanks for mentioning me in your blog. :)

10:44 PM

 
Blogger Daniela said...

Rats. I meant to write 'naked mole rats' and I wrote 'naked mole rights' instead. You meant what I knew, right?

10:45 PM

 
Blogger amy heck said...

Oh maggie,

the sweet bliss of season one...where the Will or Vaugh question is still looming, when Francie's still wondering about Charlie, where we still can't figure out if dad is a good guy or bad guy...oh wait...we're still working on that one.
Enjoy season one. It's a treasure.

5:40 PM

 
Blogger amy heck said...

Oh yeah...the first of the Quentin Tarrentino episodes. That man is well...interesting. I think he's got to be manic, honestly.
Anyway, three years later, I still have questions about that episode. Like who exactly was he working for? I think I know, but its never been confirmed. He pops up again in season three. Even then, his employers identity is questionable. Of course some may say its obvious, but I'm too loyal of an alias fan to think that anything could possibly be obvious.

1:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home