...an odd combination, you say?

Monday, October 17, 2005

Fish desiny fulfilled

Dear Rachel and Rebecca,

I need to tell you something. I gave Baby Bear Bear to Soganey. I hope you two don't mind, but BBB was living quite a meaningless existance hidden in my picnic basket with all the other stuffed animals that I own that I really have no use for. Cornelia, of course, is the exception. Even Norman is in there. Norman of course is too precious to let out. But then again Norman has fulfilled his toy-destiny by being beloved and popular while I was in college.
BBB, however has never had the opportunity to be loved. Until now. Because Soganey absolutely loves her Fish. His name is now Fish. I'm trying to teach Soganey to identify him based on his name. She knows "toy." When you go say, "Go get your toy!" She comes back with whatever it is she currently wants to play with. She's very good about playing only with things that belong to her. So now BBB (aka: Fish) belongs to her. My hope is that one day soon I'll be able to say, "Go get your Fish!" And she'll happily go and get Fish.
I know that this may significantly shorten Fish's life span, but isn't it important that he's happy now? He's experienced more of life in his five days out of the basket than his seven years in the basket. So don't cry for fish. Be happy. For his toy-destiny has been fulfilled.

love,
Amy


Soganey with toy...not fish. Keep checking back for Fish photo.

2 Comments:

Blogger amy heck said...

I realized I may need to give some background to Baby Bear Bear. My senior year of college I got one of those big pillow buddy animals. I got Rachel a lion, Rebecca a cat (I think), and I got a fish. My friend Julie Bell had a teddy bear, her beloved teddy bear, and named him Fish Fish.
So it was pretty obvious what my fish's name should be. The first time I showed Julie Bell my fish I asked her guess what his name was. Julie Bell turns to me with this look of feigned disgust and said, "Bear Bear?" And she was correct.
Bear Bear still lives in my closet. I sleep with him when I'm cold but since I live in Florida, that doesn't happen all that often.
Not long after, Rachel and Rebecca found the Beanie Baby version of Bear Bear, which we promptly named Baby Bear Bear. As already explained, Baby Bear Bear has resided in a basket in my room (the basket has a lid, mind you) until just this past week when he was set free to be loved, despite the pain of being whipped around the room by a very excitable yet loving dog. Henry Cloud would love this.

8:27 PM

 
Blogger amy heck said...

This is really from Becca, who apprently doesn't believe in comments:
ha! i completely forgot about baby bear bear! but thats okay...every toy deserves to fulfill its own destiny. I'd much rather BBB be happy on slobbery, then dry and untouched. I hope he lasts long enough so I can come down and see him and Sagony!

3:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home