...an odd combination, you say?

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

that reminds me...

Posting that big about cards reminds me of when I was little and I had this fear of throwing things away because I'd never see them again. It all began with a Spiderman balloon. My first memory of helium baloons. Jeff got a Spiderman and I got a butterfly. He let it go and in his typical philosphic way (many of my memories of Jeff from when we were little are him saying something profound...maybe its just what I remember) said that it would go all the way up to atmosphere and then burst. That saddened me. And then I started to not want to throw anything away because I'd never see it again. Dad told me we'd get me a big box to keep all my papers in so I wouldn't have to be never see them again. I don't know how long it was until I figured out that this was indeed, the whole point of trash collection. How big would that box have to be if I kept it since then? Sure am glad I didn't do it and don't have to deal with it now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniela said...

Yah, I used to save ALL my school papers. I mean ALL. I mean like spelling tests from the first grade. The boxes ended up in the attic of my parents' house...and we burnt the whole butt-load about 2 years ago when we were cleaning the attic. All those A+s up in smoke! But it felt kind of freeing to get rid of all that junk.

I also recently junked a chemistry lab notebook from college. Phew.

4:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home