...an odd combination, you say?

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

cards

Yesterday I wrote this as an email to Daniela, then realized I should have blogged it since I haven't done any of that for over a week. Maybe later I'll tell you why...

For now. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you....email.

Today I’m going through my basket of cards…thank you cards, birthday cards,
Christmas cards, thinking of you cards, ect. I haven’t thrown hardly any
of them away. Some of them are dated all the way back to 2002, my first
spring here. I just having a hard time throwing them away when they
contain greetings of friends. But I’m doing it. Except for very
special ones (Family birthday cards and ones with content too dear to give
up…like yours) but then there are others that I just feel like I need to let go
of. I try really hard not to be a pack rat. I like to not have
things sitting around but then again, I’m very sentimental, too. I try to
find a balance, realizing that at the end of my life, I don’t want to have to
throw away a box of old cards, as much as I loved those people. Sure, I
may forget people, but really, Do I want boxes and boxes of cards in my
life?? UGG.
I did find one from Trena and one from my Grandma
who passed away. Those are very dear to me. I have been keeping my
parents and grandparents cards, too. They date theirs so one day it will
be nice to have a whole collection of them. I don’t know how many I
have. Over the years I’ve kept them in so many places that I don’t know if
I’ll ever find them all again.

Anyway, I felt the need to
write about it. Hmm…That would have made a good blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home