...an odd combination, you say?

Thursday, March 31, 2005

drugs: a mixed bag

So I've had this cough...its going on three weeks. I went to the doctor about a week into it and asked him not to put me on antibiotics because they really do make me a little crazy. I usually don't need much help in that department. But the cough persists and so I went back yesterday. This time I accepted them plus a monster decongestant. And I feel...crazy. I'm realizing that I'm really sensetive to meds (that's why I avoid them if I can) but yet I can't shake this thing without them, it seems. So what to do...trade a long lingering yet only just annoying illness for a few days of heart throbbing, fuzzy headed, fog? I guess so.
It takes getting worse to get better, I guess. I have long enjoyed an occassional sick day, being just sick enough...to not have to do anything big read and watch movies in bed and drink tea. Doesn't that sound great? I thought I was weird until I read in C.S. Lewis' Surprised by Joy basically the same sentiment. Maybe its only a pleasure those of us who prefer a book and a cozy place to just about anything else enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home