...an odd combination, you say?

Saturday, June 18, 2005

we have to fight for it.

You know when you’re reading something that you know will change your life, our outlook, your paradigm forever? I just finished one of those chapters. It was a call to community, to fellowship, to battle, to hearts entwined, even when it hurts. It made my inner being just long for relationships like that. That’s the way its supposed to be, you know. “It’s normal” says Mr. Eldredge.

I’ve been re-reading Waking the Dead for a few months now. Other books have been read in this period, but this one shouldn’t be read all at once…or if you should you should follow a little pattern I first read in “Spiritual Leadership” by J. Oswald Sander. Read it first to get an overview, a second time to really grasp what he is saying, then a third to let it penetrate your heart. Or something like that.

No wonder our churches are in shambles. The way we’re doing things remains status quo. Lives aren’t changed because hearts aren’t being touched. I’m not talking about the “wow, that was a great sermon”…or song…or whatever. I’m talking about the ability of a community to go in and see someone’s heart over a period of time. One time experiences don’t change people (well sometimes, but its rare). People are living organisms, we grow, we change over time. For the most part the only quick change living things experience is death.

What we need is a group of people, joined together over time. Knowing each others crap, seeing it, loving it, and knowing that there is something so much better there, under the surface. Fighting for each others’ glory. That’s what I want. And I’m willing to fight for it.

My writing abilities don’t do justice to my heart right now. Words just don’t seem to do it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniela said...

Well written Amy. I think you conveyed your heart very well. Makes me want to be in that community with you. Wish we lived close-by, like in the old days. I love and miss you so much.

Here's to seeing each other's crap and loving loving each other anyway!

-daniela

11:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)aahhh...yes, yearning for that kind of community is sometimes crazy, always risky, but oh so worth it. We are called, no, we are commissioned, to live lives of outrageous adventure and risk. We really are much like hobbits, dwarves, elves and humans uniting together to carry the Most Precious inside each on of us. I want in. Here's to the Fellowship!

11:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home