...an odd combination, you say?

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Crockpot Pumpkin Tikka Masala

This is a recipe which has changed over time. I originally got it from some website, or a few. But like all my recipes, I’ve changed them so much that I feel as if the time has come for me to make it my own. I use Garam Masala. I make it in a crockpot. I use pumpkin. I know I had a recipe with all of these qualities at some point, but I can’t find it anymore. So here’s mine. It also easily converts to vegan or vegetarian as well.

What you need:
·         Bit of Olive Oil
·         1lb. chicken breasts (or more or less)
·         1 29oz. can of tomatoes
·         1 13oz. can of pumpkin
·         8oz. of chicken broth
·         1-2 packets of Trader Joe’s broth concentrate. This stuff is pretty much the only non-whole food on here. But wow. It makes things GOOD if you haven’t tried it yet.
·         3 cloves garlic (omit if doing Low FODMAP)
·         1 in. piece of ginger, chopped
·         1-2 tbsp. of Garam Masala spice
·         1 tbsp. of Paprika
·         2 tsp. salt
·         ½ tsp. pepper
·         ½ tsp. cinnamon
·         ¼ tsp. nutmeg
·         (1) 13oz. can of full fat coconut milk (I prefer this one’s flavor for this recipe).  Hold this until the end!
·         Serve it with rice or cauliflower rice
·         Garnish with Cilantro or other herb if desired.

Method:
·         Drizzle bottom of crockpot with olive oil.
·         Put chicken breasts into the crockpot.
·          Throw everything else in except for the coconut milk.
·         Give it a quick stir.
·         Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
·         Stir in coconut milk just before serving.

·         Serve over rice with cilantro to top it. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home