...an odd combination, you say?

Saturday, May 19, 2007

A funny thought from Word-a-Day reader:

From: *****
Subject: Re: A.Word.A.Day--mesmeric
Refer: http://wordsmith.org/words/mesmeric.html

Here's what I've thought about for a long time: If Lord Cardigan had been the gambler and the Earl of Sandwich was desirous of a jersey that buttoned up the front, why we'd all be eating cardigans and wearing sandwiches.

That is a funny thought, isn't it? It once again goes to prove that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. Words, names, descriptions: I'm fascinated by it all. And if I can get through this next week of finals I'm going to write a paper concerning the philosophy of language and begin to tackle what communication really is. You know, no big deal. Good thing I don't mind being wrong (see below).

I know, twice in one day--can you believe it? I must have some pretty heavy avoidance tendencies going on...

2 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

What good is a blog if it doesn't help you avoid your real life?

2:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been tagged. Rules: After posting these rules, each player proceeds to list 8 relatively random facts/habits about himself/herself. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, leaving them a comment on their blogs to let them know.

5:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home