...an odd combination, you say?

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Oxford Blues

I can't believe it's been nearly two months since I've written. So much has happened, most of which I won't take time to put here except in passing. Basically, it's been a hard couple of months. I've gone from the heights of experiencing an infinite sense of blessedness on this road I'm on to the depths of fear and depression, wondering what on earth I've done.
It's been as if a door has been opened...more of like a can that contained all of the fear of the future I'd been pushing down all year. I think it was just because I've been pushing so hard and am just so tired.

So now I'm at Oxford at the Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies. I have my very own room on the top floor, which I've titled 'The Tower.' I've struggled with loneliness for weeks before I even arrived here and initially feared the feeling of being separated from the others in my program. But part of me now wonders if this tower is exactly what I need this summer. To be lonely but to find Jesus in the midst of it. Maybe that's why I needed to come all the way here to discover.

More on Oxford later. I'm here for three more weeks. Pray that I enjoy my time here and don't obsess too much with counting down the days until I'm back home again in Orlando--which has become more dear to me this year than ever.

Photos to follow, in theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home