...an odd combination, you say?

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

a beautiful day

The hurricane has given way to something that actually resembles fall. I did get to stay home on my hurricane day. It was so great: Rain, dark mornings, candles, coffee, and sleep (sleep before coffee).
My beatiful day, however was interupted about noon when someone called and suggested that I go to that conference that was still going on. But since they still were telling people to stay off the roads, and no one I talked to seemed to think that was a very good idea, I stayed home. I did struggle with guilt, but what's new?
People at the conference did act a little funny when I said I had stayed home yesterday. But they were all out of towners and must have not heard about the semi that got blown off of I-4 and onto the road underneath it...in the middle of the city! I'm glad I stayed home.
About 3:00 the sun came out. The weather here never ceases to amaze me. But how I do long for home.
Do you think I could ever convince everyone I love here to move back to Indiana with me?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course you can! except there is not a lot of jobs in evansville evidently, but we have tons of houses for sale. so yes bring everyone back up to the 'ville! except that for about 4 days, it went from summer weather to winter, completely skipping fall, but not its become normal, and leaves are turning color and falling...oh and we also know its fall because Pastor Dave is in his "Trunk Funk" (thats what Chris Chadowin calls it) ~ Becca

3:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home