...an odd combination, you say?

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Hurricane Days!

It is somehow the consolation of the children of Florida. Poor kids, they don't know the elation that us yankee kids grew up with: anxiously waiting the night before or even sometimes the morning of to find out that freedom is just around the corner! It's a snow day!

Today I felt a little of that elation. There's no work tomorrow! But then again, I'm writing this from my office...on Sunday. I would much prefer to be sitting here picking some stuff up and doing email for an hour this afternoon than have to come in all day tomorrow, though.

Here's Wilma's projected path. Hopefully it will be all wind and rain and no tornados. After last year, though I'm so over this whole hurricane thing. I have a very numb attitude toward the whole thing. I honestly don't care, except for the fact that I don't have to go to work tomorrow. That part is fun. But I figure we'll deal with it like we dealt with it last year. I sure hope it won't be like it was last year, though. We already lost our roof once, hopefully it will last this time. It was harder than I realized at the time. Instead of crying all the time, I internalized it all. Hence the stomach issues and the ultrasound and the many many sleepless nights at Carly's house on her airmattress. Uggg. Those were the days.


10pm addition.
hmmm...I may be at work tomorrow after all. I just feel like my hopes have been dashed! Dangled like a carrot and taken away! The conference I was supposed to is going on, which I can understand since there are lots of people who flew in for it. But for those of us who will have to drive through it????
Maybe it's just my intense need for non-people time that makes me far more disappointed than I ordinarily would have been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home