...an odd combination, you say?

Monday, October 31, 2005

view from the hill called sanity

I think I'm beginning to figure out how to live with this crazy schedule of mine. I have so much going on that to say I'm just "busy" doesn't seem to do justice to all the plates I have spinning that could all suddenly come crashing down to the floor. I won't name all those plates, but there are a lot. I am in a state of feeling completely inadequate to all the tasks and am feeling disappointed because of having to say "no" to things I typically would want to be a part of.
So I'm learning to delegate (even when I'd rather do it myself). I'm learning to take time to really rest and not feel guilty (even though my natural inclination is to hide under a rock and avoid it so therefore I react and don't rest at all). I'm also learning to just do one thing at a time and know that it doesn't all have to happen at once(even thought I can get into a hyper frenzy thinking it all has to be done TODAY). And I'm learning that I just need to carefully plod (or walk, depending on how dramatic you want to be) through trusting that by God's grace all will be accomplished in His time.
I'm also learning tp pray. Shocking, I know but it's about time, really.
So I thought I'd take this moment in my busy day, when I've passed tasks off to other people, when I've said "no" to having lunch with friends, to write and to take a minute to remember that I don't have to do it all myself. Ultimately, God's will shall be done even if I'm having a nervous breakdown. Hopefully we can avoid that, but even if I were to drop all those plates, trust comes from knowing that He will catch them...or maybe let some of the smash all over the ground for good reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home