...an odd combination, you say?

Monday, November 21, 2005

For Sale

After much contemplation and the turning of the gears, I've decided to go for it. I'm attempting to sell my 2001 Honda Accord in effort to purchase a VW Jetta. The process was long. Is this a good stewardship decision? Is it wise? Will God provide for me if it breaks down? Will I like driving a stick? But as I was pondering it, I felt like there were quite a few things that God revealed to me. It started out being about a car. It ended up being about trust and challenging God's ability to provide for my needs not just today, but tomorrow, too.
This whole process made me wonder what exactly "counted" as prayer and what was just the gears in my head whirring. Of course, the mere fact that I try to make sure something "counts" as prayer sends up red flags that I'm really trying to make it on my own, still trying to get enough points so that God will like me and not live in His grace with a transformed heart, mind, and value-system.
So my decision is this: It was an ongoing conversation with God, evaluating facts not only about the two cars, but also about truths about God and reveling in those truths. "Wow, God will provide for me tomorrow!" and "He has wired me like this" and "Stewardship is a core value I've given you, Amy, but it's not like Jetta's are still really good cars so it's not like you're trading your Accord for a Pinto."
I don't have much in the way of an ending. I need to get back to work and the story isn't over yet. But I just thought I'd bring the people in my a little up to date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home