...an odd combination, you say?

Monday, July 23, 2007

Wishing for Wellies

Today I sit in a proper English tea room drinking proper (well, almost--it's decaf) Earl Grey Tea (hot). Which we've been said to have had excellent weather during our stay, today has been the first day of rain. I now see why they wear wellies here--big, high often obnoxiously colourful, rubber boots. I haven't worn rubber boots since college. Then we called them duck boots and they weren't particularly feminine. But I did feel like I could take on any puddle and therefore, take on the world. Here I'm wearing my tennis shoes which are nicely vented so that when I'm training for my marathon (yeah, right), my feet stay cool. Well, that doesn't work so well for English rain. So my feet are pretty wet.
But outside, I still think it's lovely. A proper English rainy day while inside of a proper English tea room called a proper English name (The Rose) while drinking proper English tea. Yes, my shoes are wet. As are my socks. And my feet. And my hat. And the bottom half of my pants. But I can still say boldly that it is indeed, a lovely day.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I wish I had an excuse to buy some Wellies...

12:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home