...an odd combination, you say?

Sunday, December 18, 2005

home

Heather and I drove home yesterday. We arrived around 9:30 after a long day on the road. It went more quickly than I expected it to, though. I like roadtrips.

Whenever I come home, there is always this deep quietness here. Maybe it's because it's an older house, maybe it's because my ears had been heaing the whir of the miles for hours and hours. But there was a definite sense of silence when the welcomes were all done and I was alone in my room.
"What did on my Christmas Vacation" should be a report I'd like to be prepared to write. I don't want to squander my time here. I want to read. I want to play the piano. I want to catch up with friends. I want to pray.

Hopefully I'll do all these things and more. But it will take some planning. Planning is not so bad as I made it seem last week in an email to a friend. I think I just get overwhelmed sometimes. I suppose that is what vacations are for: relax, refresh, think ahead, rest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are able to do all those things and more, too, Amy.

Love-
Daniela

I just got home, too!

4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home