...an odd combination, you say?

Monday, December 26, 2005

christmas

It's Christmas Day!

My expectations, set determinedly low last night and the previous week, were far exceeded today. It has actually been a really fun day. Maybe we should go to church, come home, eat lunch, then do presents every Christmas.

Last night I was disappointed with Christmas and being an adult. Then it hit me that the magic was gone because I never stopped to think about Christmas, really. Enter cheesy Christmas movie script here. This fall I've learned more than ever how amazing it was that Jesus came to begin with, how his birth is the hinge of history, the first stage of the battle to redeem the world. My professor this semester asked us if we really believed that Jesus was really going to change the world. Actually, he didn't ask us. He told us we don't really believe it. We don't really believe that Jesus is going to come back and transform this world into something new and bring it back to what it was created to be. It has captured my heart once again, the gospel. The gospel isn't just for individuals--it's for all creation. I'm barely understanding it, but I feel like I'm just beginning to taste it.

So Merry Christmas, everyone. He's coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home