...an odd combination, you say?

Monday, January 16, 2006

Sabbatical, Day 1

Or errr...Day 3, depending on how you count it. Today (Monday) is the first official day I wasn't in the office. And how did I spend it? I spent the morning talking church and life stuff with Brad, my pastor, and then went with Tiff to see Queen Latifah in Last Holiday. Decent story, poor delivery. There is a pungent ordor of cheese about it, don't pay full price, but a matinee is acceptable. A cheap theatre might even be better.
Then I came home, and after a rejection from the oil-change place (told me very politely to come back tomorrow because they were all booked for the day), went on a nice long walk and then came home to money and laundry. Well, I got my money-world somewhat in order while doing my laundry. I also included ironing in the deal. I decided that one my goals for my sabbatical should be to do one thing each day that I've been putting off. I failed with the oil-change, but succeeded with ironing (two weeks and counting I've been wishing I could wear the wrinkled shirts hanging on my closet door).
So that's all I have to report currently. Not much. But it's bed time. I didn't leave much room for thinking and reflecting with all the activity today. That's on the agenda for tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger amy heck said...

and don't you feel proud of yourself! Not to mention well-dressed!

1:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home