...an odd combination, you say?

Friday, January 20, 2006

Sabbatical, Day 5

It's Friday. I don't have much quantitative evidence of how I've spent my week, but I think its part of what God is teaching me during this time: time is not measured even in the simplest of thing (books read, journal pages filled, etc) but in...I don't know, honestly.
All I know is that I value time to do the above things so much that it's like I strangle the ticking clock and don't actually enjoy the time I do have to do these things.So here's to the next week of my life and the books I will read and the pages I will write and the cello I will practice and the tea I will drink... maybe some coffee, too.
Just for those of you who share my need to have quantitative goals, here are the few I have for each day:
1. Do something I've been putting off every day.
2. Exercise every day.
3. No sugar except for special occasions (tonight is roommate Kerri's going away party. It will involve fondue. Big pots of chocolate are always special occasions).
4. Practice my cello every day.
5. Journal every day.6. Blog when I feel like it. (sorry, gentle readers, you get the short end of the stick).
7. Cultivate the spiritual disciplines (prayer, meditating on scripture, contemplation) every day.
8. Pursue good friends at least every other day (otherwise I get a little spacey--like I did with Barnes and Noble guy the other day).

These are surprisingly attainable goals when one doesn't have to go to work. It's very nice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan—Aqualith Media said...

Stwong Bwaaad... can I bowwow your fondue pot again?

10:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home